Friday, September 30, 2011

Karen Renfrew, Pickleball Canada Area Ambassador Sunshine Coast, B.C.

We are very pleased to announce that Karen Renfrew has been appointed as Pickleball Canada's 13th Area Ambassador for Peachland, B.C. effective Sept 30, 2011.Congratulations Karen on your appointment !!!

Karen said "I have lived on the Sunshine Coast for 19 years and I know many people, so that made it was easy for me to start pickleball on the Sunshine Coast. Only one year ago there was no pickleball or organized pickleball here, now we are 65 strong. Organized a clinic here (Sept. 28th) with Grant Brittain and Ken Witt for instruction to improve our game. We are now in the process of organizing our first mini invitational tournament with other Zone 4 picklers to be held Oct. 22nd. Am now Zone 4 pickleball co-ordinator for B.C. Senior Games.

My stewardship of the program here on the Coast has allowed me to secure playing times at the Sechelt Seniors Activity Centre for now and into the future. There are no other dedicated courts outside of the Seniors Centre at this time, however I am looking at places to expand the availability of courts, indoors and outdoors. I was asked to teach at Elementary School and look forward to doing so. Pickleball is my passion and believe I will be a terrific ambassador for the Sunshine Coast of B.C."

No comments:

Post a Comment